Volume: 0.5 qt. over stock, approximately
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions. A separate window or tab will open.
This diff cover fits the GM with 7 1/2" (7.5") or 7 5/8" (7.625") ring gear 10 bolt differential. Typical applications include the following. Be aware that for each model and year there maybe more than one rear axle possible. See also the PML GM 10 bolt 8½cover.
- Chevy S10, 1983 to 2004
- Chevy S10 Blazer, 1983 to 2004
- GMC S15, 1983 to 1994
- GMC Sonoma, 1991 to 2004
- GMC Jimmy, 1984 to 2004
- Chevy Astro Van, 1982 to 2005
- GMC Safari Van, 1982 to 2005
- Camaro, 1993 to 2002
- Firebird, 1993 to 2002
- Some Mazda trucks
Some vehicles have brackets/cables on or near the stock cover. PML does not have any information on how to modify these to work with our larger cover. Such modifications are the responsibility of the installer.
Configurations vary. Always check your vehicle to verify differential and clearance.
PML includes mounting bolts with all differential covers. PML provides bolts that are longer than the stock bolts since the flange on PML's cover is much thicker than stock. The bolts with the stock cover will not work.
GM has used four different bolts on these differentials so to complete your order, we need to know which bolts you have. These differentials have used both metric and standard cover bolts. The bolt length has not been consistent either. When ordering one of these covers, you will need to pull one of your stock bolts out (a top bolt is best) and measure the length and determine whether it is metric or standard.
- Bolt length is measured from the underside of the head (where a washer would sit) to the tip. If the bolts are metric, the length will be 21mm or 16mm. If the bolt is standard, the length will be 5/8 inch or 7/8 inch.
These images show how to measure the bolt length. Click on small image to view larger in a new tab or window.
- A bolt head with lines or letters on it is typically standard. A bolt with numbers such as 5.8, 9.8, 10.9, or 12.9 is likely to be metric.
- Metric bolts will have 20 threads per inch. Standard ones will have 18 threads per inch. Since the bolts do not have a full inch of threads, try counting the number in a half an inch and multiply by two.
We know this is a hassle, but we do not want to send the wrong bolts or charge everyone a lot of extra money to cover sending all possible bolts with each cover. Watch the video for more informations on checking your bolts.
PML Differential Cover Compared to Stock
These images show this PML differential cover compared to the stock cover.
PML Differential Cover Features:
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- All hardware provided, including magnetic drain plug